Postpartum Doula Services
A family with a postpartum doula is relaxed and relieved. We work hard to ease the anxiety that comes along with the transition to new parenthood. Every family is different and your postpartum plan of care will be determined based on the needs of your family. Some families desire only a couple of visits to help get settled in at home, while others prefer to have postpartum care spread out over weeks or even months. Whether you’d like help with newborn care, breastfeeding, new sibling adjustment, babywearing, or simply another set of hands available…we are here to help.
We’d like to emphasize that we are not there to replace parents. Our goal is to help you find *your own* best way to parent your baby. While we are happy to share our knowledge and experience, please know that we will support the choices you make for your family.
Who can benefit from postpartum care?
- First-time parents
- Parents of multiples
- Those recovering from a difficult birth
- Families with other young children
- Those wanting help with breastfeeding
- Those without extended family nearby
- Anyone simply wanting additional support during this life transition
Our postpartum services include:
Two Bee Birth Services provides professional in-home care to families after the birth of a baby with services such as . . .
- Assistance with infant care (including diapering, bottle-feeding, burping, rocking)
- Assistance with breastfeeding
- Sharing information about parental adjustment
- Babywearing information
- Meal & snack preparation
- Light housekeeping (laundry, dishes, bottle preparation)
- Referrals to local resources
- Running errands
- Daytime Postpartum Care – $20 per hour, 3 hour minimum per visit (between 9am – 8pm)
- Overnight Postpartum Care – $25 per hour, 8 hour minimum per visit (between 10pm – 6am)
- A minimum of 6 hours of care is required to reserve space on our calendar
No two families’ postpartum needs are exactly alike, hours can vary greatly from client to client. We encourage you to schedule a consultation so that we can help you determine what type of postpartum care is needed and for how long, and we will adapt both the type and amount of services we provide to meet your unique postpartum needs. Two Bee postpartum doula services are billed on an hourly basis. Scheduling is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Advanced scheduling is recommended.
How much help will you need?
Many parents are unsure how much help they will need after baby arrives. Every family is different and postpartum plans can be customized to your needs. We have several packages available to choose from, and additional hours can be added on to each package, if desired.
Meet our Postpartum Doula
Kate DeWolf has over 7 years experience providing care to women in their postpartum days and months, right here in the Athens area. She is passionate about supporting families during this life transition and considers it an honor to witness their growth in these early times. She has extensive experience in breastfeeding support, has received education and training on maternal mental health, including perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, and is able to make referrals to appropriate healthcare providers when needed. Kate is also currently completing certifications with CAPPA and Lactation Education Resources (LER).