What does ideal maternity care look like?
Would you know it when you saw it? What if there was a practice in Athens that looked like this:
- Medical care is provided by a Doctor / Midwife team.
- Every client takes a childbirth education class, whether it is a in-depth class for new parents or a refresher class for those with a previous experience.
- Everyone sees a counselor or social worker at least once during prenatal care and again during the postpartum period.
- Group prenatal care the norm.
- Everyone has continuous labor support from a birth doula.
- A lactation consultant shows up within hours of every birth to support breastfeeding initiation.
- Families receive in-home postpartum support from a doula.
- Everyone has access to new parent and breastfeeding support groups.
- Insurance is billed for these services and flexible payment plans are available.
Would you support this? More importantly, would you go there for your care?